Loneliness is a growing problem for older people, with one in six Islanders now aged over 65 and data showing that 17% of older people make contact with family, friends and neighbours less than once a week
What is the Heart of Isle of Wight Fund?
The Heart of Isle of Wight Fund supports those organisations offering a lifeline to older people, through a hot meal at a lunch club, help with transport to attend a companionship group, getting together for a daytrip to the seaside providing a change of scenery or the chance to meet and make new friends through a befriending scheme.
How can you help?
Having a date in the diary to meet friends can transform what could be a lonely week into something to really look forward to. HIWCF is asking local businesses and individuals to support the smaller voluntary and community groups that are tackling these issues, as it is estimated that there are approximately 27,000 lonely older people in the Hampshire area.
How your funding helps
- £200 can fund one year of transport to a weekly community group
- £500 can fund one year of weekly lunch clubs
- £700 can fund a year of monthly outings for 15 people
- £1,300 can fund a year of venue hire for a community group to hold exercise groups, singing clubs or coffee mornings
- £2,000 can fund befrienders for a year to provide much needed home visits and neighbourly support for up to 10 older people
Your donations really help
Can you help us to reach older people at risk of loneliness in Island communities ?Donate to this campaign
Who do I speak to?
Please call our team to see how we can help you with your charitable giving.
Want to find out more?
If you would like to discuss your charitable giving with us, please complete your details below.