Including Communities – Strategic Grants
This fund will support larger strategic grants (£5-£15K per annum for up to three years) supporting organisations led by or working with people from disadvantaged groups.
Would you like to find out more about this grant and how to apply? Join us live on Monday 24 January, 12.30pm to find out more.
|Location||Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton|
|Causes||Multiple Issues & Causes|
We welcome applications from registered charities, CIOs, CICs or unincorporated associations working within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, including Portsmouth and Southampton.
These grants are intended to enable organisations to address changing or emergent strategic issues, and are not anticipated to fund ongoing work. Core grants will be considered if they help to achieve these aims.
Applications for core funding or projects that last for up to three years will be considered. In this case grants will be awarded subject to availability of HIWCF funds, and satisfactory annual monitoring reports that show the funds are being utilised according to the grant conditions being received.
We are particularly interested in groups identified as having protected characteristics under the Equalities Act, especially those from black and minority ethnic groups, disadvantaged young people, LGBTQ+/gender issues groups, people with disabilities and those who are disadvantaged at multiple levels or through multiple facets of their lives. Work targeting vulnerable older people or older people living in poverty is also a priority.
Themes of particular interest will include:
- Financial inclusion
- Capacity building for groups or sectors in the identified groups, including developing volunteering and supporting governance / governance training
- Digital inclusion
- Physical and mental wellbeing
- Activities addressing employability barriers
- Commercial activity
- Activities that will create a profit for the directors of a CIC or CIO
- Proselytising activity i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- National charities, unless branches are separately registered charities in their own right
- Organisations with large levels of unrestricted reserves (eg more than the equivalent of one year’s operating costs) unless they can demonstrate clear plans for their utilisation
- Capital building or costs of fixed assets
- Grants that are solely for the provision of bursaries to individuals or families
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire including Portsmouth and Southampton, and Isle of Wight
- Statutory bodies such as schools, city, parish and county councils or health institutions
- Organisations which Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- Any party-political activity
- Application Guidance