Grants of up to £5,000 to support community based organisations working to improve the lives of people throughout Hampshire, particularly those who are disadvantaged at multiple levels or through multiple facets of their lives.
Would you like to find out more about this grant and how to apply? Join us live on Monday 24 January, 12.30pm to find out more.
|Location||Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton|
|Causes||Multiple Issues & Causes|
We welcome applications from registered charities, CIOs, CICs or unincorporated associations working within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, including Portsmouth and Southampton
We are particularly interested in funding activities that are addressing inequality by improving physical and mental well-being throughout the community; and groups addressing inequality that are led by or working with black and minority ethnic groups, disadvantaged young people, LGBTQ+/gender issues groups, and /or groups led by and for people with disabilities. Work targeting vulnerable older people or older people living in poverty will also be considered.
Themes of particular interest will include:
- Financial inclusion
- Capacity building for groups or sectors in the identified groups, including developing volunteering and supporting governance / governance training
- Digital inclusion
- Physical and mental wellbeing
- Activities addressing employability barriers
Core grants will be considered if they can demonstrate that they will help to achieve these aims.
- Commercial activity
- Activities that will create a profit for the directors of a CIC or CIO
- Proselytising activity i.e. active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- National charities, unless branches are separately registered charities in their own right
- Organisations with large levels of unrestricted reserves (eg more than the equivalent of one year’s operating costs) unless they can demonstrate clear plans for their utilisation
- Capital building or costs of fixed assets
- Grants that are solely for the provision of bursaries to individuals or families
- Organisations NOT based and active in Hampshire including Portsmouth and Southampton, and Isle of Wight
- Statutory bodies such as schools, city, parish and county councils or health institutions
- Organisations which Objects are for the sole benefit or relief of animals or plants
- Any party-political activity